A command line utility to access image metadata, allowing one to:
* print the Exif metadata of Jpeg images as summary info, interpreted values,
or the plain data for each tag
* print the Iptc metadata of Jpeg images
* print the Jpeg comment of Jpeg images
* set, add and delete Exif and Iptc metadata of Jpeg images
* adjust the Exif timestamp (that's how it all started...)
* rename Exif image files according to the Exif timestamp
* extract, insert and delete Exif metadata (including thumbnails),
Iptc metadata and Jpeg comments
Welcome to Exiv2, a C++ library and a command line utility to read and
write Exif, IPTC and XMP image metadata. The homepage of Exiv2 is:
See doc/ChangeLog for a list of recent changes to Exiv2.
Exiv2 API and tag reference documentation is at http://www.exiv2.org/doc
or you can build it and point your browser to doc/index.html.
For more information on XMP
exiv2 - Image metadata manipulation tool
exiv2 [options] [action] file ...
exiv2 is a program to read and write Exif, IPTC and XMP image
metadata and image comments. The following image formats are
Type Exif IPTC XMP Imag
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2, June 1991
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
51 Franklin Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
The licenses for most software are designed to take away your
freedom to sh