Gdbm is a GNU database indexing library, including routines which use
extensible hashing. Gdbm works in a similar way to standard UNIX dbm
routines. Gdbm is useful for developers who write C applications and
need access to a simple and efficient database or who are building C
applications which will use such a database.
If you're a C developer and your programs need access to simple
database routines, you should install gdbm. You'll also need to
CHANGES from 1.7.3 to 1.8
1. Added GDBM_CENTFREE functionality and option.
2. Added GDBM_COALESCEBLKS functionality and option.
3. Added GDBM_NOLOCK flag.
4. Made ``fast'' mode the default, making GDBM_FAST obsolete, and adding
the GDBM_SYNC flag and GDBM_SYNCMODE option.
5. Switched to building with libtool.
CHANGES from 1.7.2 to 1.7.3
1. Fixed a couple of last minute pro
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2, June 1991
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
The licenses for most software are designed to take away your