Most digital cameras produce EXIF files, which are JPEG files with
extra tags that contain information about the image. The EXIF library
allows you to parse an EXIF file and read the data from those tags.
libexif is a library for parsing, editing, and saving EXIF data. It is
intended to replace lots of redundant implementations in command-line
utilities and programs with GUIs.
libexif supports parsing, editing and saving of EXIF data. In addition, it
has gettext support. All EXIF tags described in EXIF standard 2.1 (and
* New translations: en_AU, uk
* Updated translations: cs, da, de, en_CA, nl, pl, sk, sv, vi
* Added more supported lens in Canon MakerNote
* Added some defensive NULL pointer checks
* Fixed a number of security and stability issues due to buffer overflows,
bad pointer dereferences and division-by-zero including bug #3434540
and bug #3434545 (CVE-2012-
GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2.1, February 1999
Copyright (C) 1991, 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
[This is the first released version of the Lesser GPL. It also counts
as the succe