The GNU core utilities: a set of tools commonly used in shell scripts
These are the GNU core utilities. This package is the combination of
the old GNU fileutils, sh-utils, and textutils packages.
These are the GNU core utilities. This package is the union of
the GNU fileutils, sh-utils, and textutils packages.
Most of these programs have significant advantages over their Unix
counterparts, such as greater speed, additional options, and fewer
The programs that can be built with this package are:
basename cat chcon chgrp chmod chown chroot cksum comm cp csp
* ACL framework and Linux ACL support.
* `cp -p' and `mv' now preserve ACLs
GNU coreutils NEWS -*- outline -*-
* Major changes in release 5.97 (2006-06-24) [stable]
** Bug fixes
rebuild with better autoconf test for when the lstat replacement
function is needed -- required for Solaris 9
cat with any of the options, -A -v -e -E -T, when applie
* `rm symlink-to-unwritable' doesn't prompt [introduced in 4.1.10]
* rm once again gives a reasonable diagnostic when failing to remove a file
owned by someone else in a sticky directory [introduced in 4.1.9]
* df now rounds all quantities up, as per POSIX.
* New ls time style: long-iso, which generates YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM.
* Any time style can be preceded by "posix-"; this caus
* date no longer accepts e.g., September 31 in the MMDDhhmm syntax
* fix a bug in this pac
Changes in release 2.1
* `od -t f8' works once again [bug introduced in textutils-2.0.8]
BASE64(1) User Commands BASE64(1)
base64 - base64
BASENAME(1) User Commands BASENAME(1)
basename - strip
CAT(1) User Commands CAT(1)
cat - concatenat
Browse inside coreutils-5.97-34.el5_8.1.x86_64.rpm
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com