HAVP (HTTP AntiVirus proxy) is a proxy with an anti-virus filter.
It does not cache or filter content. At the moment the complete
traffic is scanned. The reason for this is the chance of malicious
I aim to stop especially dialer or browser exploits. But writing
a http Anti Virus Proxy is a real dilemma! Huge downloads are
a problem for virus scanning proxies. A Client should not receive
data which is unchecked by the virus scanner, but big downloads
should not timeout.
*HAVP 0.82 released
- Improved ZIP handling (header pre-fetch, scans ZIPs larger than MAXSCANSIZE)
- Added SCANIMAGES config
- Ignore RAR errors from clamd
- Fixes to HTTP header handling
- Added syslog logging option
- Signal HUP re-opens logfiles, making rotation possible
*HAVP 0.81 released
- Fixed binding to low ports (<1024)
- Fixed FreeBSD, downloads that took longer than TRICKLING
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2, June 1991
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
The licenses for most software are designed to take away yo