Patched dd with Computer Forensics Features
dc3dd is a patched version of GNU dd to include a number of features useful
for computer forensics. Many of these features were inspired by dcfldd, but
were rewritten for dc3dd.
* Pattern writes. The program can write a single hexadecimal value or a text
string to the output device for wiping purposes.
* Piecewise and overall hashing with multiple algorithms and variable size
windows. Supports MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, and SHA-512. Hashes can be computed
before or after conversions are made.
* Progress meter with automatic input/output file size probing
* Combined log for hashes and errors
* Error grouping. Produces one error message for identical sequential errors
* Verify mode. Able to repeat any transformations done to the input file and
compare it to an output.
* Ability to split the output into chunks with numerical or alphabetic
The command line options supported by dc3dd are significantly changed in
7.0.0. For a full listing of the command line options, please consult
Options_Reference.txt or execute dc3dd using the --help option:
$ ./dc3dd --help
The command line is now more rigorously validated to reduce the
likelihood of performing a run co
* Noteworthy changes in release 7.0.0 (2009-09)
** New Features
Simplified command line
Can mix split and unsplit outputs
User-defined sector size
More compiled in options support
* Noteworthy changes in release 6.12.5 (2009-05)
** New Features
Added multiple outputs
* Noteworthy changes in release 6.12.4 (2009
DC3DD(1) User Commands DC3DD(1)
dc3dd - convert and copy a file
Written by Paul Rubin, David MacKenzie, Stuart Kemp, Jesse
Kornblum, Andrew Medico, and Richard Cordovano.
Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Copyright © 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License
2009-08-28 Richard Cordovano <email@example.com>
* Replaced the byte-by-byte verifi
These people have contributed to the GNU coreutils (formerly, the fileutils,
textutils, and/or sh-ut
The following teams have translated the many diagnostics of this
package into many different languag
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 3, 29 June 2007
Browse inside dc3dd-7.0.0-1.el5.rf.x86_64.rpm
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com