The source is available as a tar file and comes complete with the GNU General Public License.
To build the application you will need a J2SDK 1.6+.
An Ant build file (build.xml) is provided, you will need to install Apache Ant first.
Run ant to view usage which will display a list of useful build targets.
Jalview is primarily developed with eclipse, and a .proj
* Jalview - A Sequence Alignment Editor and Viewer (Version 2.7)
* Copyright (C) 2011 J Procter, AM Waterhouse, G Barton, M Clamp, S Searle
* This file is part of Jalview.
* Jalview is free software: you can redistribute it and/or
* modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
* as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License,