What is Nettle? A quote from the introduction in the Nettle Manual:
Nettle is a cryptographic library that is designed to fit easily in more
or less any context: In crypto toolkits for object-oriented languages
(C++, Python, Pike, ...), in applications like LSH or GNUPG, or even in
kernel space. In most contexts, you need more than the basic
cryptographic algorithms, you also need some
NEWS for the 2.4 release
This is a bugfix release only. It turned out ripemd160 in the
2.3 release was broken on all big-endian systems, due to a
missing include of config.h. nettle-2.4 fixes this.
The library is intended to be binary compatible with
nettle-2.2 and nettle-2.3. The shared library names are
libnettle.so.4.3 and libhogweed.so.2.1, with sonames still
libnettle.so.4 and libhog
2011-09-03 Niels M�ller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* configure.ac (LIBNETTLE_MINOR): Bumped library version, to 4.3.
* gcm-aes.c: Include config.h.
* tools/nettle-lfib-stream.c: Likewise.
* ripemd160-compress.c: Added missing include of config.h. Needed
for correct operation on big-endian systems.
2011-09-02 Niels M�ller <email@example.com>
* configure.ac: Changed version number