This is a small package that may be depended on by any bootloader
installer package to detect other filesystems with operating systems on
them, and work out how to boot other linux installs.
All one has to do is Depend on os-prober, and then run the os-prober
command. This command takes no arguments: it will scan all disks available
on the system for other operating systems, a
os-prober (1.42) unstable; urgency=low
[ Milan Kupcevic ]
* Let yaboot linux-boot-prober work on all chrp machines.
* Handle YDL initrd image in linux-boot-prober fallback test.
-- Otavio Salvador <email@example.com> Fri, 24 Dec 2010 19:13:19 -0200
os-prober (1.41) unstable; urgency=low
[ Joey Hess ]
* Fix probes for MacOS 9 on m68k and powerpc. Closes: #604192
(Thanks, Milan K
This thing needs a regression test suite.
The grub linux-boot-probe has these limitations:
- Does not handle grub present menus.
- Does not support things like (hd0,1)/path/to/file
although in the case of the kernel it will strip
off the drive specification, and look for the file in the current
The lilo linux-boot-probe has these limitations:
- Doesn't map from devfs to
Copyright 2004 by Joshua Kwan and Joey Hess under the terms of the GNU GPL.
On Debian systems, a co
Browse inside os-prober_1.42.tar.gz
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com