portmap-6.0 is the first release in 10 year of portmap based on the code
from Wietse Venema.
It consolidates patches that various Linux distributions were shipping
with their versions of portmap, and add some more functionality.
This version is currently maintained by
Neil Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org>
and can be found at
@(#) README 1.7 96/07/06 23:06:19
This is the README file for the 5th enhanced portmapper release.
This README describes a replacement portmapper that prevents theft of
NIS (YP), NFS, and other sensitive information via the portmapper. As
an option, the program supports access control in the style of the tcp
wrapper (log_tcp) package.
Like all portmappers, this one is
Changes with release 6.0 (May 2007)
- compile and runtime selection of uid to 'setuid' to
- mapping table is stored in a file and can be restored on restart
- If a privilege program registers a non-privileged port, and
non-privileged program can no-longer unregister it.
- add man pages
- allow portmap to bind to a local address only
- support 'chroot'
- various cleanups and minor bug fixes
Browse inside portmap_6.0.0.orig.tar.gz
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com