HOW TO RUN PYECM:
- First, make sure python (>= 2.3) is installed and working. You can always get
the latest release from http://python.org
- For speed increases, you may optionally install gmpy and/or psyco. Both are
highly recommended, especially gmpy, as they result in massive speed increases.
UNIX, LINUX, MAC:
- You can either use python pyecm.py to run it or change the filenam
- Fixed minor bug with factoring negative numbers on the command-line.
- Made asymptotic improvements at the expense of a constant factor. It
should now be faster for numbers greater than 30 or so digits but slower
for numbers less than that.
- Added ability to type expressions instead of plain numbers. For example,
the program will now factor "2^30-1" instead of making you typ
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2, June 1991
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
The licenses for most software are designed to take away your
freedom to shar