VIPS is an image processing library. It's good for large images and for
colour. There's a GUI as well, see the VIPS website:
There are packages for most linuxes and OS X. There is a pre-compiled windows
binary on the vips website.
Building VIPS from source
In the VIPS directory, you should just be able to do:
VIPS SMP benchmark
This is adapted from the system used to generate images for POD:
Images from a 10k by 10k studio digital camera are colour processed, resized,
cropped and sharpened.
This thing was originally processing images off a remote server over a 100mbit
network. No attempt was made to make it quick (there was no point): you
VIPS changed from 7.10 to 7.12 (not exhaustive, see ChangeLog for details)
Non-backwards compatible changes
- IMAGE->Hist is deprecated, use im_history_get() instead
- im_append_Hist() removed
- IMAGE->Bbits is deprecated (now ignored)
- im_region_local() replaced by im_region_buffer()
- new backwards and forwards compatible
13/1/09 started 7.20.7
- oops, generate C++/Python wrappers for deprecated operations by default
WONTFIX for 7.20
- some of deprecated.h repeats stuff we do better in image.h, eg.
Authors of VIPS
See also the files THANKS and ChangeLog
Nicos Dessipris and Kirk Martinez started
VIPS THANKS file
VIPS was originally written by Nicos Dessipris, Kirk Martinez and John Cupitt.
Browse inside vips_7.20.7.orig.tar.gz
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com