This package contains the The South Guard campaign for Wesnoth:
"A young Knight, Deoran, is dispatched to take command of the South Guard...
Note: This campaign is designed as an introduction to Wesnoth. The 'Civilian'
difficulty level is aimed at first-time players."
(Novice level, 9 or 10 scenarios depending on the branch you take.)
Battle for control of villages, using variety of units which have advantages
and disadvantages in different types of terrains and against different types
of attacks. Units gain experience and advance levels, and are carried over
from one scenario to the next in a campaign.
wesnoth (1:1.4-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Please be aware what a new stable upstream release of wesnoth means for
your save games: You won't be able to continue playing from them. The
reasons for those are several, not limited to these two bigger points:
- Most of all, balancing changes: Units might have different
characteristics and thus fights would end differently.
wesnoth (1:1.4.4-2+lenny1) stable-security; urgency=high
* Upload to fix several severe problems:
- Compile with --disable-python because the python AI support allowed to
break out of sandbox and allowed execution of abitrary code
(CVE-2009-0367, Upstream Bug #13048). Don't install data/ais into
wesnoth-data package anymore, and remove python-dev from
* language and i18n:
* new translation: Latvian
* updated translations: Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Traditional) Czech,
Danish, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian,
Japanese, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Slovak
* langcode change: moved gl_ES to gl
* miscellaneous and bug fixes:
* Fixed timer end warning not to play in opponents