|File Search||Catalog||Content Search|
* You want to avoid having to determining where certain application paths are e.g. your application's home directory, etc. Determining this dynamically in a Windows batch scripts is very tricky on some versions of Windows or when softlinks are used on Unix platforms.
* You want to avoid having to handle native file and path separators or native path quoting issues.
* You need to enforce certain system properties e.g. java.endorsed.dirs when running with JDK 1.4.
* You want to allow users to pass in custom JVM arguments or system properties without having to parse and reorder arguments in your script. This can be tricky and/or messy in batch and shell scripts.
* You want to bootstrap system properties from a configuration file instead hard-coding them in your batch and shell scripts.
* You want to provide localized error messages which is very tricky to do in batch and shell scripts.
This is a part of the Apache Commons Project.
See http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/launcher/ for additional and up-to-date information on Commons Launcher.
libcommons-launcher-java (1.1-5) unstable; urgency=low * Re-introduce Depends on java1-runtime and java2-runtime (Closes: #546902). -- Michael Koch <email@example.com> Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:08:22 +0200 libcommons-launcher-java (1.1-4) unstable; urgency=low [ Emmanuel Bourg ] * Update of the URLs * Rename Jakarta Commons to Apache Commons [ Michael Koch ] * (Build-)Depends on de more»
This package was debianized by Arnaud Vandyck <firstname.lastname@example.org> on Fri, 13 May 2005 17:01:26 +0100. It was downloaded from http://commons.apache.org/launcher Upstream Authors: Patrick Luby, Costin Manolache, Remy Maucherat, Jean-Frederic Clere, Dirk Verbeeck, Alban Peignier Copyright: © 2002-2008 The Apa more»