Groups, Algorithms and Programming computer algebra system
GAP is a system for computational discrete algebra with particular
emphasis on computational group theory, but which has already proved
useful also in other areas. In the example text, gap is used to
analyse Rubik's Cube using group theory. A kernel implements a Pascal-like
This is a dummy package that depends on the standard GAP components.
GAP for Debian
GAP (http://www.gap-system.org) provide a lot of extra component, most of them
are not packaged yet. However, care has been taken so that you can locally
install them either:
* in /usr/local/share/gap or /usr/local/lib/gap.
* in ~/gap.
Note they must usually be put in a sub-directory called pkg.
For example, the FactInt package provide a factint directory that mus
gap (3.4.4-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Package is orphaned; set maintainer to Debian QA Group.
* Make sure debian/debstd is executable (closes: #94515).
* /usr/bin/gap is copied from debian/gap.sh.debian, so force that to be
executable too (dpkg-source won't preserve permissions).
-- Colin Watson <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 4 Jul 2001 00:32:58 +0100
gap (3.4.4-3.1) unstable; urgency=
gap4 (4.2.fix8-1.1) unstable; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer upload by sponsor while Markus is busy; this is just to
get gap4 into the archive at long last and close all those RC bugs in
* debian/control: Change section to non-free/math.
* debian/rules: Make all documentation writeable by root (lintian).
* Remove add-log-mailing-address from this changelog (lintian).
gap (4r4p12-2) unstable; urgency=low
- add -fno-strict-aliasing to CFLAGS to
This package was debianized by Bill Allombert <email@example.com> on
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:53:12 +02
Browse inside gap_4r4p12-2_all.deb
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2016 FileWatcher.com