Python 2.4 decorators have significantly changed the way Python programs are
* decorators help reduce boilerplate code;
* decorators help the separation of concerns;
* decorators enhance readability and maintainability;
* decorators are very explicit.
Still, as of now, writing custom decorators correctly requires some
experience and is not as easy as it could be. For instance, typical
implementations of decorators involve nested functions and we all know that
flat is better than nested.
The aim of the decorator module it to simplify the usage of decorators for
the average programmer and to popularize decorators usage giving examples of
useful decorators, such as memoize, tracing, redirecting_stdout, locked, etc.
python-decorator (3.2.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release
- changelog no longer available
* python added to Build-Depends (clean rule needs it)
* debian/watch file points to PyPI now
-- Piotr Ożarowski <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tue, 25 May 2010 21:55:03 +0200
python-decorator (3.1.2-2) unstable; urgency=low
- Changed to DPMT group maintenance with P