package management framework for Ruby libraries/applications
This is a way to package Ruby libraries/applications for distribution.
RubyGems provides the ability to manage concurrent versions of libraries and
dependencies between those libraries. Using RubyGems, you can:
* download and install Ruby libraries easily
* not worry about libraries A and B depending on different versions of
* easily remove libraries you no longer use
This package provides Rubygems for Ruby 1.8. In Ruby 1.9.X, Rubygems is
provided with the interpreter.
Notes for rubygems (for Ruby 1.8) in Debian
Since some patches are applied to fit Debian FHS, Debian's RubyGems behaves
a bit differently than the original.
* Directory where gems are to be installed
/var/lib/gems is default in Debian instead of /usr/lib/gems. You can
override it by defining GEM_HOME environment variable.
* Executables provided by g
rubygems (1.7.2-1) unstable; urgency=low
* executables are now installed to /usr/local/bin, instread of
* but the other files created by rubygems stay in /var/lib/gems/1.8.
Several commenters in #448639 and #403407 argued in favor of the switch to
/usr/local/bin. Those two bugs can therefore be closed. However, the issue
is not completely solved, as rubyg
GEM1.8(1) User Commands GEM1.8(1)
gem1.8 - the fro
rubygems (1.8.24-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release. (Closes: #670228)
- Fixes C
# coding: UTF-8
=== 1.8.24 / 2012-04-27
* 1 bug fix:
* Install the .pem files properly. Fixes #
Browse inside rubygems_1.8.24-1_all.deb
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com