The ffmpeg packaging has seen many renames in the course of its history.
Looking for more stable names, the ffmpeg maintainers agreed on moving to
a naming scheme which would fit known use cases and avoid confusion.
Some of the constraints and proposed solutions on the new names follow:
1. Distributions such as Debian and Ubuntu want to carry multiple version of
ffmpeg-debian (0.svn20080206-18+lenny3) oldstable-security; urgency=high
* Fixes: CVE-2010-3429, update provided by upstream (r25223).
* Fixes: CVE-2010-4704, integer overflow in the
* Fixes: CVE-2010-4705, integer overflow. Port from r24675.
* Fixes: TEMP-0570713-FED4BB, input sanitization with backport from the
- r19322, f
- The "device" muxers and demuxers are now in a new libavdevice library
- DV50 AKA DVCPRO50 encoder, decoder, muxer and demuxer
- TechSmith Camtasia (TSCC) video decoder
- IBM Ultimotion (ULTI) video decoder
- Sierra Online audio file demuxer and decoder
- Apple QuickDraw (qdrw) video decoder
- Creative ADPCM audio decoder (16 bits as well as 8 bits schemes)
- Electronic Arts Multim