Most digital cameras produce EXIF files, which are JPEG files with
extra tags that contain information about the image. The EXIF library
allows you to parse an EXIF file and read the data from those tags.
libexif is a library for parsing, editing, and saving EXIF data. It is
intended to replace lots of redundant implementations in command-line
utilities and programs with GUIs.
libexif supports parsing, editing and saving of EXIF data. In addition, it
has gettext support. All EXIF tags described in EXIF standard 2.1 (and
* New translations: be, en_GB, it, ja, pt, sq, zh_CN
* Updated translations: da, sv, vi
* Now using a binary search to make searching through the tag table faster
* Fixed a heap buffer overflow during tag format conversion
* New translations: da, pt_BR, sr
* Updated translations: cs, de, en_CA, nl, pl, sk, sv, vi
* Added som
libexif (0.6.19-1+squeeze1) stable-security; urgency=high
* Non-maintainer upload by the Security Team.
* Cherry pick changes for CVE-2012-2814, CVE-2012-2840, CVE-2012-2813,
CVE-2012-2812, CVE-2012-2841, CVE-2012-2836, CVE-2012-2837.
(backport patches for fix-CVE-2012-2814, fix-CVE-2012-2836,
-- Yves-Alexis Perez <email@example.com> Tue, 16 Oct 2012 22:17