NVIDIA unsupported legacy 71xx driver cleanup
The 71xx legacy drivers don't support Xorg Xserver newer than 1.4 which was
shipped with Debian 5.0 (lenny).
This is an empty dummy package to ensure proper cleanup after previous
installations of the legacy 71xx driver.
It can be safely removed.
nvidia-graphics-drivers-legacy-71xx (71.86.15-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Turn packages into empty dummy packages that properly clean up after
ancient installations. The Nvidia 71xx legacy driver has not been
supported for a long time since it lacks support for current Xservers.
* Do not install any files.
* Do not register alternatives.
* Reduce Build-Depends
* Updated nvidia-installer to detect the nouveau kernel module and
fail with an appropriate error message.
2010-01-29 version 71.86.13
* Improved compatibility with recent Linux kernels.
* Updated nvidia-installer to detect newer Debian distributions
that use /usr/lib32 instead of /emul/ia32-linux as the
32-bit library path.
2009-06-26 version 71.86.11
Goals for wheezy:
* automatic configuration of Xorg
- fix Xorg autodetection (which may be an insufficiency in the nvidia
driver that does not expose its supported PCI IDs properly), see
- this has become less important since we have a way to ask in postinst
whether to create a minimal xorg.conf, see #612093
When to remove old relationships
Browse inside nvidia-glx-legacy-71xx-unsupported_71.86.15-3_amd64.deb
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com