Elfutils is a collection of utilities, including eu-ld (a linker),
eu-nm (for listing symbols from object files), eu-size (for listing the
section sizes of an object or archive file), eu-strip (for discarding
symbols), eu-readelf (to see the raw ELF file structures), and eu-elflint
(to check for well-formed ELF files).
Fundamental design decision:
- the sizes of external and internal types are assumed to be the same.
This leaves byte ordering aside. While assuming this the code can be
greatly simplified and speed increases. Since no change violating this
assumption is in sight this is believed to be a worthwhile optimization.
- the ABI of the backend modules is not guaranteed. Really, not guarantee
libdw: Accept DWARF 4 format: new functions dwarf_next_unit, dwarf_offdie_types.
New functions dwarf_lineisa, dwarf_linediscriminator, dwarf_lineop_index.
libdwfl: Fixes in core-file handling, support cores from PIEs.
When working from build IDs, don't open a named file that mismatches.
readelf: Handle DWARF 4 formats.
libdw: Fixes in CFI handling, best
elfutils (0.148-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release
- Drop debug_filename.patch, applied upstream.
- New symbols in libdw1, update symbols file.
-- Kurt Roeckx <email@example.com> Sat, 03 Jul 2010 15:01:59 +0200
elfutils (0.147-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Open the proper file with debug info in case they have the same
name. (Closes: #555549)
-- Kurt Roeckx <kurt@ro