Graphical package manager
Synaptic is a graphical package management tool based on GTK+ and APT.
Synaptic enables you to install, upgrade and remove software packages in
a user friendly way.
Besides these basic functions the following features are provided:
* Search and filter the list of available packages
* Perform smart system upgrades
* Fix broken package dependencies
* Edit the list of used repositories (sources.list)
* Download the latest changelog of a package
* Configure packages through the debconf system
* Browse all available documentation related to a package (dwww is required)
synaptic for Debian
This is a graphical frontend for apt.
If you want to use the "orphan" filter, you need deborphan. It's
"Recommended" in the control file, but not a dependency (as synaptic works
perfectly well without it).
-- Michael Vogt <email@example.com>, Thu Feb 17 15:10:01 2005
Synaptic is a graphical package management program for apt. It
provides the same features as the apt-get command line utility with a
GUI front-end based on Gtk+ or WINGs.
Synaptic was developed by Alfredo K. Kojima <firstname.lastname@example.org>
from Connectiva. His last offical released was 0.16. I took over his
CVS version, where he added a nearly complette port to Gtk+. I
Task support for synaptic
Synaptic works on quite a few distributions. To make support for the
various task systems easy synaptic needs a helper application called
"tasksel" (or any other helper that can be speficified with
"-o Synaptic::taskHelperProg=prog"). It has to support the following
--list-tasks: returns a list of the format
synaptic (0.50-1) unstable; urgency=low
Synaptic is no longer is build with "package hold" suppor
- updated Lithuanian translation (thanks to �ygimantas Beru�ka)
synaptic - In
synaptic - Interf
synaptic - graph
Browse inside synaptic_0.62.1+nmu1_i386.deb
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com