Text editor with block and binary operations
LE has many block operations with stream and rectangular blocks,
can edit both Unix and DOS style files (LF/CRLF), is binary clean,
has hexadecimal mode, can edit large files and mmap'able devices,
has tunable syntax highlighting, tunable key map, and tunable
color scheme (but can use default colors).
This is terminal text editor - LE.
Read the file FEATURES to learn what LE can do.
Read the file HISTORY to learn about LE beginning.
You can try to find out how to use the editor by reading help,
browsing the menu and reading the man page. Some hints:
F10 or C-n -- menu
F1 -- help
C-x -- exit (cancel)
Arrows -- navigate
In the editor the following key description is used:
Version 1.14.3 - 2009-12-22
* added workaround for a ncurses getmouse bug.
* fixed compilation with gcc-4.4.x.
Version 1.14.2 - 2009-05-27
* fixed auto word wrap mode (reported by Stefano D'Archino).
Version 1.14.1 - 2009-05-22
* fixed html comment pattern.
* added more syntax colors (now 6).
* added txt2tags syntax patterns (Stefano D'Archino).
Version 1.14.0 -
le - full screen text editor
le [options] filename
le is a text editor which offers wide range of capabilities
with a simple interface. It has a pull down menu and a simple
help system to get started. See KEYS section below to learn
about key combination
le (1.14.3-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release
- fixed compilation with gcc 4.4 (
* configure.ac: check for sys/syslimits.h, sys/param.h.
1. Make more classes (Text, multibuffer support)
3. RCS/CVS interaction
This package was debianized by Adam F. Rogoyski <firstname.lastname@example.org> on
Sat, 22 May 1999 14:34:52 +
Browse inside le_1.14.3-1_i386.deb
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com