|File Search||Catalog||Content Search|
The main features in libmpeg2 are:
* Conformance - libmpeg2 is able to decode all mpeg streams that conform to certain restrictions. For streams that follow these restrictions, libmpeg2 is probably 100% conformant to the mpeg standards - and there's a pretty extensive test suite to check this.
* Speed - there has been huge efforts there, and libmpeg2 is probably the fastest library around for what it does.
* Portability - most of the code is written in C, and when platform-specific optimizations are used, there always is a generic C routine to fall back on. This should be portable to all architectures - at least we have heard reports from people running this code on x86, ppc, sparc, arm and sh4.
* Reuseability - libmpeg2 is not intended to include any project-specific code, but it should still include enough features to be used by very diverse projects.
This package contains the libmpeg2 shared libraries.
ABOUT LIBMPEG2 libmpeg2 is a free library for decoding mpeg-2 and mpeg-1 video streams. It is released under the terms of the GPL license. The main goals in libmpeg2 development are: * Conformance - libmpeg2 is able to decode all mpeg streams that conform to certain restrictions: "constrained parameters" for mpeg-1, and "main profile" for mpeg-2. In practice, this is what most people more»
mpeg2dec-0.4.1 Wed Feb 15 17:08:28 CET 2006 This is a bugfix release. It is completely API and ABI compatible with version 0.4.0. The build system now supports newer versions of the autotools and can find them in weird places on FreeBSD and OS X systems. We also support x86 accelerations on the AMD64 CPU, including on FreeBSD. The AltiVec features are now better detected. Peter Gubanov found a more»
mpeg2dec (0.4.1-3) unstable; urgency=low * Move mpeg2dec to Section: x11 instead of graphics to match overrides. * Bump up Debhelper compatibility level to 5; bump up debhelper build-dep to >= 5. * Add -Wl,-z,defs -Wl,--as-needed to LDFLAGS; build-dep on cdbs >= 0.4.41. * New patch, 62_drop-arch-opts, drop arch-specific CFLAGS detection in upstream configure as we want to use the more»
mpeg2dec-0.4.1 Wed Feb 15 17:08:28 CET 2006 -fix build issues on X86-64, PowerPC, Alpha and Sparc -f more»
* things we dont implement yet * more verbose error reporting * export MC information (for XvMC or more»
Aaron Holtzman <firstname.lastname@example.org> started the project and made the initial working implemen more»
This package was debianized by David I. Lehn <email@example.com> on Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:08:29 -0500. more»