|File Search||Catalog||Content Search|
* Library. Since the core functionality is in a library, it can be used by other tools, such as pkg_add.
* Automatic format detection. Libarchive automatically detects the compression (none/gzip/bzip2) and format (old tar, ustar, gnutar, pax, cpio, iso9660, zip) when reading archives. It does this for any data source.
* Pax Interchange Format Support. This is a POSIX/SUSv3 extension to the old "ustar" tar format that adds arbitrary extended attributes to each entry. Does everything that GNU tar format does, only better.
* Handles file flags, ACLs, arbitrary pathnames, etc. Pax interchange format supports key/value attributes using an easily-extensible technique. Arbitrary pathnames, group names, user names, file sizes are part of the POSIX standard; libarchive extends this with support for file flags, ACLs, and arbitrary device numbers.
* GNU tar support. Libarchive reads most GNU tar archives. If there is demand, this can be improved further.
.\" Copyright (c) 2003-2007 Tim Kientzle .\" All rights reserved. .\" .\" Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without .\" modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions .\" are met: .\" 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright .\" notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. .\" 2. Redistributions in binary for more»
libarchive (2.8.4.forreal-1+squeeze2) stable-security; urgency=low * Rebuild to correct orig tarball mismatch. -- Raphael Geissert <email@example.com> Tue, 21 Feb 2012 00:50:58 -0600 libarchive (2.8.4-1+squeeze1) stable-security; urgency=high * Backport fixes for fix for CVE-2011-1777 and CVE-2011-1778. (Closes: #651844) -- Andres Mejia <firstname.lastname@example.org> Fri, 23 Dec 2011 11:26 more»
Jun 30, 2010: libarchive 2.8.4 released Jun 30, 2010: Improved reliability of hash function detection Jun 30, 2010: Fix issues on ancient FreeBSD, QNX, ancient NetBSD and Minux Mar 14, 2010: libarchive 2.8.3 released Mar 14, 2010: Symlink dereference fix for Linux broke the build there; corrected. Mar 14, 2010: libarchive 2.8.2 released Mar 12, 2010: Fix NULL deference for short self-extracting more»
This package was originally debianized by John Goerzen <email@example.com> on Mon, 10 Oct 2005 1 more»