network traffic analyzer
It is a packet sniffer which runs as a background process and serves its
statistics to a web browser:
- input and output IP traffic by machines, ports and protocols,
- last minute, hourly, daily and monthly global input and output graphics.
It is known to be smaller (in terms of memory footprint) and stabler than ntop.
darkstat is a network statistics gatherer.
It sniffs packets on a specified interface, accumulates statistics, and
serves them up over HTTP.
See the "AUTHORS" file for credits, and who to e-mail when things break.
See the "LICENSE" file for an explanation of the source code licensing.
See the "INSTALL" file for installation instructions.
See the "darkstat.8" manual page for usage instructions.
darkstat for Debian
Since version 2.3-2, the darkstat package has two init scripts:
- /etc/init.d/darkstat, to start/stop the daemon,
- /etc/darkstat/init.cfg, to configure the settings of the daemon.
The /etc/init.d/darkstat start/stop commands will not be started until the START_DARKSTAT option is set to "yes".
Since version 3.0.707, the darks
darkstat v3.0.540 and earlier defaulted to running in the foreground
and had a "-d" commandline argument to get darkstat to daemonize,
detach from the controlling terminal, and run in the background.
Since r540, the default has been inverted. darkstat will daemonize by
Since r626, this behaviour can be suppressed with the "--debug"
commandline argument, to force darkstat to stay in the
darkstat - netwo
darkstat (3.0.715-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release
* Using orig.tar.gz whitout r
v3.0.715 (January 2012)
- Compatibility fixes for Hurd and Solaris.
- Use link-time optimization a
- Emil Mikulic <firstname.lastname@example.org>
(please read the manpa
This package was debianized by Cédric Delfosse <email@example.com> on
Mon, 27 May 2002 20:17:47 +02
Browse inside darkstat_3.0.715-1_ia64.deb
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com