Automated Password Generator - Standalone version
APG (Automated Password Generator) is the tool set for random
password generation. It generates some random words of required type
and prints them to standard output. This binary package contains only
the standalone version of apg.
* Built-in ANSI X9.17 RNG (Random Number Generator)(CAST/SHA1)
* Built-in password quality checking system (now it has support for Bloom
filter for faster access)
* Two Password Generation Algorithms:
1. Pronounceable Password Generation Algorithm (according to NIST
2. Random Character Password Generation Algorithm with 35
configurable modes of operation
* Configurable password length parameters
* Configurable amount of generated passwords
* Ability to initialize RNG with user string
* Support for /dev/random
* Ability to crypt() generated passwords and print them as additional output.
* Special parameters to use APG in script
* Ability to log password generation requests for network version
* Ability to control APG service access using tcpd
* Ability to use password generation service from any type of box (Mac,
WinXX, etc.) that connected to network
* Ability to enforce remote users to use only allowed type of password
The client/server version of apg has been deliberately omitted.
Upstream URL: http://www.adel.nursat.kz/apg/download.shtml
APG v2.2.0 was tested and found working on:
i386 FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE
Intel Solaris 8 gcc-2.95.2
QNX PRP 6.0
RedHat Linux 7.2
Mandrake Linux 9.1
Win 2000 Pro
This release (APG v2.2.0) is NOT compatible with TkAPG (Tcl/Tk frontend for APG)
Any compatibility reports are welcome
* For installation instructions see INSTALL
* For usage instructions see manpages
* For t
The client/server version of apg has been deliberately omitted since
the passwords are sent over the network unencrypted.
APG(1) User Manual APG(1)
apg - generates several random passwords
apg [-a algorithm] [-M mode] [-E char_string] [-n
num_of_pass] [-m min_pass_len] [-x max_pass_len] [-r dict‐
file] [-b filter_file] [-p min_substr_len] [-s] [-c cl_seed]
[-d] [-y] [-l] [-t] [-q] [-h] [-v]
APGBFM(1) User Manual APGBFM(1)
apgbfm - APG Blo
apg (2.2.3.dfsg.1-2) unstable; urgency=low
* apply patch from Kaare Hviid to improve password qua
Fixed version info (-v).
Fixed permissions for source distribution.
* Fix some code style or other errors if any.
* Make some kind of configur
Graham Bloice <email@example.com>
Rainer Wichmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Browse inside apg_2.2.3.dfsg.1-2_kfreebsd-amd64.deb
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com