This package contains several tools related to Xapian.
- copydatabase: Copy one or more Xapian databases.
- delve: Inspect the contents of a Xapian database.
- quartzcheck: Check the validity of a quartz-format Xapian database.
- quartzcompact: Compact a quartz database, or merge and compact several.
- quartzdump: Dump (part of) a quartz-format Xapian database.
- quest: Command line search of a Xapian database.
- xapian-check: Check the validity of a Xapian database.
- xapian-compact: Compact a quartz database, or merge and compact several.
- xapian-progsrv: stdin/stdout based server, for searching databases remotely.
- xapian-tcpsrv: TCP based server, used for searching databases remotely.
The Xapian search engine library is a highly adaptable toolkit which allows
developers to easily add advanced indexing and search facilities to their own
applications. It implements the probabilistic model of information retrieval,
and provides facilities for performing ranked free-text searches, relevance
feedback, phrase searching, boolean searching, stemming, and simultaneous
update and searching. It is highly scalable, and is capable of working with
collections containing hundreds of millions of documents.