This sudoku puzzle generator/solver features:
* character based (curses) interface;
* cross-platform (Minix, Unix, Windows) with full source code (ANSI C);
* generates hints upon request;
* classification of board difficulty (very easy, easy, medium, hard or
* generation of new boards;
* easy entry of boards published in newspapers, internet, etc...;
* multiple output formats (text,csv,html,postscript).
LICENSE: This work has been placed into the Public Domain by Michael
Kennett (July 2005), and may be freely used by anybody for any purpose
whatsoever. No warranty, of any kind, applies to this work.
** Sudoku Installation Notes (Unix/Minix)
As the root user, or with the appropriate permissions, type:
$ make install
This will compile and install the sudoku program into /usr/bin,
sudoku (1.0.1-3) unstable; urgency=low
* debian/copyright: Indicate that upstream homepage is no more available.
* Makefile, debian/dirs: Install the binary in /usr/games instead of
* debian/control: Do not mention the Homepage anymore.
* debian/control: Bump Standards-Version to 3.7.3. No changes.
-- Nicolas FRANCOIS (Nekral) <nicolas.francois@centrali