A collection of programs for images that are generated
during a Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) experiment. This is a
technique to obtain the velocity field of a fluid flow quantitatively
and is performed by tracking tracer particles that have been seeded
to a fluid. The technique is also applied for observing deformations
at surfaces of (solid) bodies. The package contains:
* an image processing program for typical filtering and manipulation
routines that may be convenient for PIV.
* an image interrogation program resulting into estimators of particle
* validation programs to test on outliers, peak-locking effect and
* post-processing programs for data manipulation (flipping, rotation
etc), spatial and time scaling, calculation of spatial averages and
derivative quantities from the PIV data, like vorticity and strain.
* miscellaneous programs and scripts to perform image format conversion,
batch-processing, pipeline processing (image evaluation, validation and
post-processing at once), calculation of time averages from a series
of PIV data sets, data-visualization and data-manipulation.
This package contains the MPI-parallelized programs for use on
a (Beowulf) cluster. All programs start with gpiv_.