Management of encrypted file systems
cryptmount is a utility for creating encrypted filesystems & swap partitions
and which allows an ordinary user to mount/unmount filing systems
without requiring superuser privileges.
It offers the following features:
* easy and safe on-demand access to filesystems without su/sudo;
* access passwords can be changed easily without involving the sys-admin;
* filesystems can reside on raw disk partitions or ordinary files;
* supports LUKS encrypted filesystems created by cryptsetup.
* encrypted access keys can be stored on removable media
(e.g. USB flash disks);
* includes support for encrypted swap partitions;
* multiple filesystems can be stored in a single disk partition;
* encrypted filesystems can be initialized at boot-up or on demand;
* temporary filesystems can be setup via command-line,
for use in shell-scripts;
* transparent configuration of dm-crypt & loopback devices during mounting;
* access keys can optionally be made compatible with OpenSSL;
cryptmount usage of the OpenSSL cryptographic library
RW Penney, July 2007
Since the earliest versions of cryptmount, the package has benefited enormously from the availability of the OpenSSL cryptographic library. This library has provided a secure means of storing filesystem access keys. Moreover, this has provided compatibility with the 'openssl' command-line to
This directory contains cryptmount, a utility for user-level mounting of
encrypted filing systems under GNU/Linux.
cryptmount is Copyright (c) 2005-2012 RW Penney, and is issued under
the General Public License (GPL) version-2
***** IMPORTANT NOTE:
cryptmount is supplied with NO WARRANTY of any form -
please see the file 'COPYING' for more information.
Please see 'RELNOTES', 'README' or 'ChangeLog' for news about cryptmount.
CMTAB(5) Manuel de l'utilisateur Linux CMTAB(5)
cmtab - info
CRYPTMOUNT(8) Manuel de l'utilisateur Linux CRYPTMOUNT(8)
cryptmount - mont
CMTAB(5) User commands CMTAB(5)
cmtab - sta
CRYPTMOUNT-SETUP(8) User commands CRYPTMOUNT-SETUP(8)
CRYPTMOUNT(8) User commands CRYPTMOUNT(8)
cryptmount - mou
Browse inside cryptmount_4.3.1-1_s390x.deb
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com