Improved dd, useful for forensics and security
dcfldd is an enhanced version of GNU dd with features useful for forensics
and security. dcfldd has the following additional features:
* Hashing on-the-fly - dcfldd can hash the input data as it is being
transferred, helping to ensure data integrity.
* Status output - dcfldd can update the user of its progress in terms of
the amount of data transferred and how much longer operation will take.
* Flexible disk wipes - dcfldd can be used to wipe disks quickly
and with a known pattern if desired.
* Image/wipe Verify - dcfldd can verify that a target drive is a
bit-for-bit match of the specified input file or pattern.
* Multiple outputs - dcfldd can output to multiple files or disks at
the same time.
* Split output - dcfldd can split output to multiple files with more
configuration possibilities than the split command.
* Piped output and logs - dcfldd can send all its log data and output
to commands as well as files.
dcfldd is a modified version of GNU dd. The major features added
are hashing, fast disk wiping (through patterns) and status output.
dcfldd was originally created by Nicholas Harbour from the
DoD Computer Forensics Laboratory (DCFL). Nick Harbour still maintains
the package, although he is no longer affiliated with the DCFL.
Send any feature requests or ideas to the author at
DCFLDD(1) User Commands DCFLDD(1)
dcfldd - manual page for dcfldd (dcfldd) 1.3.4
Copy a file, converting and formatting according to the
force ibs=BYTES and obs=BYTES
convert BYTES bytes at a time
Changes from version 1.2.2:
- Added ability to write to multiple output files.
- Added split capability with the "split=" and "splitformat=" switches.
- Converts "if=/dev/zero" to "pattern=00" to force efficiency.
- Fixed a few bugs with verify.
Changes from version 1.2.1:
- Fixed large file support bug
- added verify capability
Changes from version 1.0:
- Added SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384
dcfldd by Nicholas Harbour, GNU dd by Paul Rubin, David MacKenzie and Stuart Kemp
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2, June 1991
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Softw
Browse inside dcfldd-126.96.36.199-4.el4.i386.rpm
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2016 FileWatcher.com