Levenshtein computes Levenshtein distances, similarity ratios, generalized
medians and set medians of Strings and Unicodes. Because it's implemented
in C, it's much faster than corresponding Python library functions and
Levenshtein Python extension and C library.
The Levenshtein Python C extension module contains functions for fast
- Levenshtein (edit) distance, and edit operations
- string similarity
- approximate median strings, and generally string averaging
- string sequence and set similarity
It supports both normal and Unicode strings.
Please see PKG-INFO for basic info, NEWS for news and
- apply_edit() broken for Unicodes was fixed (thanks to Radovan Garabik)
- subtract_edit() function was added
- Hamming distance, Jaro similarity metric and Jaro-Winkler similarity
metric were added
- ValueErrors raised on wrong argument types were fixed to TypeErrors
- a poor-but-fast generalized median method quickme
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2, June 1991
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111 USA
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
The licenses for most software are