The eXtensible ARchiver
The XAR project aims to provide an easily extensible archive format. Important
design decisions include an easily extensible XML table of contents for random
access to archived files, storing the toc at the beginning of the archive to
allow for efficient handling of streamed archives, the ability to handle files
of arbitrarily large sizes, the ability to choose independent encodings for
individual files in the archive, the ability to store checksums for individual
files in both compressed and uncompressed form, and the ability to query the
table of content's rich meta-data.
XAR(1) User Commands XAR(1)
xar - eXtensible ARchiver
xar -[ctx][v] ...
The XAR project aims to provide an easily extensible archive
format. Important design decisions include an easily extensi‐
ble XML table of contents (TOC) for random access to archived
files, storing the TOC at
* Copyright (c) 2005 Rob Braun
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reprodu
Browse inside xar-1.5.2-8.fc17.i686.rpm
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com