MLDonkey is a door to the 'donkey' network, a decentralized network used to
exchange big files on the Internet. It is written in a wonderful language,
called Objective-Caml, and present most features of the basic Windows donkey
client, plus some more:
- It should work on most UNIX-compatible platforms.
- You can remotely command your client, either by telnet (port 4000),
by a WEB browser (http://localhost:4080
), or with a classical client
interface (see http://www.nongnu.org/mldonkey
- You can connect to several servers, and each search will query all the
- You can select mp3s by bitrates in queries (useful ?).
- You can select the name of a downloaded file before moving it to your
- You can have several queries in the graphical user interface at the same
- You can remember your old queries results in the command-line interface.
- You can search in the history of all files you have seen on the network.
It can also access other peer-to-peer networks:
- FileTP (wget-clone)