mod_gnutls uses the GnuTLS library to provide SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1
encryption for Apache HTTPD. It is similar to mod_ssl in purpose, but does
not use OpenSSL. A primary benefit of using this module is the ability to
configure multiple SSL certificates for a single IP-address/port combination
(useful for securing virtual hosts).
* Support for SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1.
* Support for client certificates.
* Support for RFC 5081 OpenPGP certificate authentication.
* Support for Server Name Indication.
* Distributed SSL Session Cache via Memcached
* Local SSL Session Cache using DBM
* Sets enviromental vars for scripts (compatible with mod_ssl vars)
* Small and focused code base:
Lines of code in mod_gnutls: 3,593
Lines of code in mod_ssl: 15,324