Oauth2 was originally forked from Leah Culver and Andy Smith's oauth.py
code. Some of the tests come from a fork by Vic Fryzel, while a revamped
Request class and more tests were merged in from Mark Paschal's fork. A
number of notable differences exist between this code and its forefathers:
- 100% unit test coverage.
- The DataStore object has been completely ripped out. While creating unit
tests for the library I found several substantial bugs with the
implementation and confirmed with Andy Smith that it was never fully
- Classes are no longer prefixed with OAuth.
- The Request class now extends from dict.
- The library is likely no longer compatible with Python 2.3.
- The Client class works and extends from httplib2. It's a thin wrapper
that handles automatically signing any normal HTTP request you might
wish to make.