These are the GNU core utilities. This package is the union of
the GNU fileutils, sh-utils, and textutils packages.
Most of these programs have significant advantages over their Unix
counterparts, such as greater speed, additional options, and fewer
The programs that can be built with this package are:
[ basename cat chgrp chmod chown chroot cksum comm cp csplit cut date dd
The files in this directory are used in many GNU packages,
including coreutils, diffutils, and tar.
The autoconf tests required for these files are in ../m4.
A note about Makefile.am.in.
It is used (usually only by the maintainer) to generate some of the
Makefile.am files in these subdirectories.
GNU coreutils NEWS -*- outline -*-
* Major changes in release 5.
* `rm symlink-to-unwritable' doesn't prompt [introduced in 4.1.10]
* rm once again
* date no longer accepts e.g., September 31 in the MMDDhhmm syntax
* fix a bug in this pac
Changes in release 2.1
* `od -t f8' works once again [bug introduced in textutils-2.0.8]
2006-06-22 Jim Meyering <email@example.com>
* Version 5.97.
* src/tee.c (tee_files): Rename fro
Browse inside coreutils-5.97.tar.bz2
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com