-*- text -*-
Please see the file `Guidelines' for the guidelines for creating and
maintaining Debian packages. dpkg Texinfo documentation and a manual
page will be available with the next release, but in the interest of
time I am releasing dpkg 0.93.8 without them.
Please send bug reports and comments to <email@example.com>.
Please be sure to put the following at the top of the message body
(-*- indented-text -*-)
CHANGES SINCE dpkg 0.93.7:
* a Perl-based front-end with many new features has replaced dpkg.sh.
The new features are detailed below. dpkg.pl is not finished,
however, as it does not yet support CONFLICTS, DEPENDS, OPTIONAL,
or RECOMMENDED. All of the above will be supported in Debian 0.93.
In addition, it does not yet support PARTS, but that may wait un
Here are some currently-known inadequacies:
* Conflicts << installation ordering
* Version numbers in pre-depends stuff
* Search for all pre-depends things at once, bomb out if any not found
* check description in dpkg-deb
* field overflow in dpkg --list
* _always_ show section in --yet-to-unpack
* automatically do --yet-to-unpack in installation methods
* check depending packages