libdb is a library for manipulating database files, developed at
Berkeley and extended by Sleepycat Software Inc.
Its license permits free use in free software.
It supports three kinds of file formats:
* btree. A representation of a sorted, balanced tree structure.
* hashed. An extensible, dynamic hashing scheme.
* UNIX file oriented. A byte stream file with fixed our variable
New features in version 2:
* lock with multiple reader/writer granularity.
* nested transaction support with logging and rollback recovery
(two phase commit).