This is an X windows interface to mail built using Tcl/Tk.
Reading, sending, and managing mail messages can almost all be done
using only the mouse (except for the body of the message, of course).
TkMail writes its folders in the format of the standard unix 'Mail'
command. It also uses 'sendmail' commands to do the mail delivery
- listbox interface to messages for easy click and read
- multiple viewers can be opened on different or the same folder
- dynamic (at startup) menus for quick access to mail folders
for reading, copying, and moving messages
- button bar for quick composing, replying to, and forwarding of
- built in 'biff' icon for notification of new mail on
- easy inclusion of files into message compositions with
automatic uuencoding and compression, if desired
- access alternate editor for compositions to send
- reads aliases from either standard .mailrc or elm aliases.txt
- easy piping of message text through unix filters
- emacs-like key-bindings for text editing
- emacs-like autosave
- sorting of messages on any field and the ability to
write out the folder physically in that order