Interactive dynamic graphics program for data visualization
XGobi is an interactive dynamic graphics program for data visualization
in the X Window System. It is especially designed for the exploration of
multivariate data. Its basic plot is a scatterplot, and these are some of
the tools available for scatterplot display and manipulation:
- Cycling rapidly through two-variable scatter plots.
- Three-dimensional rotation, including trackball control.
- Grand tour rotation: a smooth randomized sequence of two-dimensional
projections in order to explore a higher-dimensional point cloud.
- Brushing: the ability to change the color or plotting character of a
point or a group of points.
- Scaling: moving and reshaping the plot interactively.
- Identification: displaying an label next to a point in the plot window.
- Linking: Brushing, identification and touring are linked; that is,
actions in the window of one XGobi process are immediately reflected
in another XGobi window displaying the same data.
- Line editing: Any pair of points can be connected with a line segment.
- Transformation: A menu of data transformations is available.
- Postscript plotting: The contents of the plot windows can be written
out to postscript files for high-quality plotting.
This file contains instructions for compiling the xgobi
executable. If you wish to use XGobi in conjunction with S,
you will also want to follow the instructions below for the
installation of the S function.
This release is dated March, 1998.
If you want to get a newer distribution before starting,
try this url, and see if the distribution there is newer:
-------- Extending XGobi --------
There are two ways in which you can add your own functionality to
XGobi. The first is to modify the code directly. This has been
successfully done by one person, but I suspect that it is the
more difficult of the two options. The second is to write your
own main() and call XGobi as a function, and the files in this
directory provide a simple example of how to
xgobi - interactive dynamic graphics program for data visual‐
xgobi [ X options ] [ -subset n ] [ -mono ] [ -version ] [
-std mmx|msd|mmd ] [ -dev std_deviation ] filename
xgobi is an interactive dynamic graphics program for data
xgobi (19980302-1) non-free; urgency=low
* Initial Debian release.
-- Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@de
This (beta) release (February 1998) has the following changes:
XGobi supports Remote Procedure Cal
5/1/94: made a change in make_xgobi, eliminating the
This is the Debian GNU/Linux prepackaged version of the XGobi program for
interactive dynamic graph
Browse inside xgobi_19980302-1.deb
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2016 FileWatcher.com