GRUB bootable rescue images, version 2 (PC/BIOS version)
This package contains two GRUB rescue images that have been built for use with
traditional PC/BIOS architecture:
- grub-rescue-floppy.img: floppy image.
- grub-rescue-cdrom.iso: El Torito CDROM image.
This is GRUB 2, the second version of the GRand Unified Bootloader.
GRUB 2 is rewritten from scratch to make GNU GRUB cleaner, safer, more
robust, more powerful, and more portable.
See the file NEWS for a description of recent changes to GRUB 2.
See the file INSTALL for instructions on how to build and install the
GRUB 2 data and program files.
Please visit the official web page of GRUB 2, for
How to test the images with qemu:
qemu -fda /usr/lib/grub-rescue/grub-rescue-floppy.img
qemu -cdrom /usr/lib/grub-rescue/grub-rescue-cdrom.iso
How to write the images to bootable media:
sudo dd if=/usr/lib/grub-rescue/grub-rescue-floppy.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=32k
sudo wodim /usr/lib/grub-rescue/grub-rescue-cdrom.iso
# or just use your favourite CD burning
New in 1.96 - 2008-02-03:
* The license term is changed to GNU General Public License Version 3.
* grub-emu is made optional. Now you have to use
`--enable-grub-emu' to enable it.
* Add Multiboot2 support.
* grub-emu can access the host filesystem now.
* Add support for the NTFS, cpio/tar and Reiserfs filesystems.
* Add support for ATA/ATAPI.
* Add update-grub script to generate grub.cfg
grub2 (1.96+20080626-1~bpo40+2) etch-backports; urgency=low
* etch backport.
- Avoid linking
2008-06-26 Robert Millan <email@example.com>
* disk/fs_uuid.c: New file.
* conf/common.rmk (pkgli
Before working on improving GRUB, it's very important that you
make contact with the core GRUB deve
The following authors assigned copyright on their work to the Free
GRUB 2 would not be what it is today without the invaluable help of
everybody who was kind enough to
Browse inside grub-rescue-pc_1.96+20080626-1~bpo40+2_i386.deb
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2016 FileWatcher.com