FSlint - A utility to find File System lint.
This includes duplicate files, empty directories,
problematic filenames, etc.
Copyright © 2000-2009 by Pádraig Brady <P@draigBrady.com>.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 o
* Added: Greek,Finnish,Hungarian.
* Updated: Chinese,Danish,Dutch,German,Hebrew,Italian,Swedish.
* Patch from Marcus Habermehl to support Arch linux
as well as Frugalware in the "Installed Packages" function.
* Handle single quotes in specified paths.
* Support building Mandriva RPMs again from the tarball.
* The redundant whitespace functio
Q. What algorithm is used to check for duplicate files?
A. On a standard install, you can see the script used in
/usr/share/fslint/fslint/findup. In summary the algorithm is:
1. exclude files with unique lengths
2. handle files that are hardlinked to each other
3. exclude files with unique md5(first_4k(file))
4. exclude files with unique md5(whole file)
5. exclude files with uniq