Patched dd with Computer Forensics Features
dc3dd is a patched version of GNU dd to include a number of features useful
for computer forensics. Many of these features were inspired by dcfldd, but
were rewritten for dc3dd.
* Pattern writes. The program can write a single hexadecimal value or a text
string to the output device for wiping purposes.
* Piecewise and overall hashing with multiple algorithms and variable size
windows. Supports MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, and SHA-512. Hashes can be computed
before or after conversions are made.
* Progress meter with automatic input/output file size probing
* Combined log for hashes and errors
* Error grouping. Produces one error message for identical sequential errors
* Verify mode. Able to repeat any transformations done to the input file and
compare it to an output.
* Ability to split the output into chunks with numerical or alphabetic
dc3dd 6.12 includes a new dynamic error recovery mode. dc3dd now reads large
blocks (32KB) by default, which results in much higher transfer rates.
When an error is encountered, dc3dd no longer drops the entire block but instead
goes back to the beginning of the block and reads one sector at a time to recove
* Noteworthy changes in release 6.12.2 (2008-11-03)
** New Features
Add wipe=DEVICE operator to automatically wipe DEVICE with zeros
** Bug Fixes
Fix bug causing incorrect hashes to be displayed in some cases when reading
from standard input or using `ifjoin'. Output data was not affected.
* Noteworthy changes in release 6.12.1 (2008-09-17)
** New Features
DC3DD(1) User Commands DC3DD(1)
dc3dd - convert and copy a file
Copy a file, converting and formatting according to the oper‐
force ibs=BYTES and obs=BYTES
convert BYTES bytes at a time
2008-10-27 Andrew Medico <email@example.com>
* Fixed a bug that was causing incorrect
These people have contributed to the GNU coreutils (formerly, the fileutils,
textutils, and/or sh-ut
The following teams have translated the many diagnostics of this
package into many different languag
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 3, 29 June 2007
Browse inside dc3dd-6.12.2-1.el5.rf.ppc.rpm
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com