» Content »pkg://CouchDB-0.8.tar.gz:48045
/ info downloads
Version 0.8 (Aug 13, 2010)
* The couchdb-replicate script has changed from being a poor man's version of
continuous replication (predating it) to being a simple script to help
kick off replication jobs across databases and servers.
* Reinclude all http exception types in the 'couchdb' package's scope.
* Replaced epydoc API docs by more extensive Sphinx-based documentation.
* Request retries schedule and frequency are now customizable.
* Allow more kinds of request errors to trigger a retry.
* Improve wrapping of view results.
* Added a `uuids()` method to the `client.Server` class (issue 122).
* Tested with CouchDB 0.10 - 1.0 (and Python 2.4 - 2.7).
Version 0.7.0 (Apr 15, 2010)
* Breaking change: the dependency on `httplib2` has been replaced by
an internal `couchdb.http` library. This changes the API in several places.
Most importantly, `resource.request()` now returns a 3-member tuple.
* Breaking change: `couchdb.schema` has been renamed to `couchdb.mapping`.
This better reflects what is actually provided. Classes inside
`couchdb.mapping` have been similarly renamed (e.g. `Schema` -> `Mapping`).
* Breaking change: `couchdb.schema.View` has been renamed to
`couchdb.mapping.ViewField`, in order to help distinguish it from
* Breaking change: the `client.Server` properties `version` and `config`
have become methods in order to improve API consistency.
* Prevent `schema.ListField` objects from sharing the same default (issue 107).
* Added a `changes()` method to the `client.Database` class (issue 103).
* Added an optional argument to the 'Database.compact` method to enable
view compaction (the rest of issue 37).
Version 0.6.1 (Dec 14, 2009)
* Compatible with CouchDB 0.9.x and 0.10.x.
* Removed debugging statement from `json` module (issue 82).
* Fixed a few bugs resulting from typos.
* Added a `replicate()` method to the `client.Server` class (issue 61).
* Honor the boundary argument in the dump script code (issue 100).
* Added a `stats()` method to the `client.Server` class.
* Added a `tasks()` method to the `client.Server` class.
* Allow slashes in path components passed to the uri function (issue 96).
* `schema.DictField` objects now have a separate backing dictionary for each
instance of their `schema.Document` (issue 101).
* `schema.ListField` proxy objects now have a more consistent (though somewhat
slower) `count()` method (issue 91).
* `schema.ListField` objects now have correct behavior for slicing operations
and the `pop()` method (issue 92).
* Added a `revisions()` method to the Database class (issue 99).
* Make sure we always return UTF-8 from the view server (issue 81).
Version 0.6 (Jul 2, 2009)
* Compatible with CouchDB 0.9.x.
* `schema.DictField` instances no longer need to be bound to a `Schema`
* Added a `config` property to the `client.Server` class (issue 67).
* Added a `compact()` method to the `client.Database` class (issue 37).
* Changed the `update()` method of the `client.Database` class to simplify
the handling of errors. The method now returns a list of `(success, docid,
rev_or_exc)` tuples. See the docstring of that method for the details.
* `schema.ListField` proxy objects now support the `__contains__()` and
`index()` methods (issue 77).
* The results of the `query()` and `view()` methods in the `schema.Document`
class are now properly wrapped in objects of the class if the `include_docs`
option is set (issue 76).
* Removed the `eager` option on the `query()` and `view()` methods of
`schema.Document`. Use the `include_docs` option instead, which doesn't
require an additional request per document.
* Added a `copy()` method to the `client.Database` class, which translates to
a HTTP COPY request (issue 74).
* Accessing a non-existing database through `Server.__getitem__` now throws
a `ResourceNotFound` exception as advertised (issue 41).
* Added a `delete()` method to the `client.Server` class for consistency
* The `couchdb-dump` tool now operates in a streaming fashion, writing one
document at a time to the resulting MIME multipart file (issue 58).
* It is now possible to explicitly set the JSON module that should be used
for decoding/encoding JSON data. The currently available choices are
`simplejson`, `cjson`, and `json` (the standard library module). It is also
possible to use custom decoding/encoding functions.
* Add logging to the Python view server. It can now be configured to log to a
given file or the standard error stream, and the log level can be set debug
to see all communication between CouchDB and the view server (issue 55).
Version 0.5 (Nov 29, 2008)
* `schema.Document` objects can now be used in the documents list passed to
* `Server.__contains__()` and `Database.__contains__()` now use the HTTP HEAD
method to avoid unnecessary transmission of data. `Database.__del__()` also
uses HEAD to determine the latest revision of the document.
* The `Database` class now has a method `delete()` that takes a document
dictionary as parameter. This method should be used in preference to
`__del__` as it allow conflict detection and handling.
* Added `cache` and `timeout` arguments to the `client.Server` initializer.
* The `Database` class now provides methods for deleting, retrieving, and
* The Python view server now exposes a `log()` function to map and reduce
functions (issue 21).
* Handling of the rereduce stage in the Python view server has been fixed.
* The `Server` and `Database` classes now implement the `__nonzero__` hook
so that they produce sensible results in boolean conditions.
* The client module will now reattempt a request that failed with a
"connection reset by peer" error.
* inf/nan values now raise a `ValueError` on the client side instead of
triggering an internal server error (issue 31).
* Added a new `couchdb.design` module that provides functionality for
managing views in design documents, so that they can be defined in the
Python application code, and the design documents actually stored in the
database can be kept in sync with the definitions in the code.
* The `include_docs` option for CouchDB views is now supported by the new
`doc` property of row instances in view results. Thanks to Paul Davis for
the patch (issue 33).
* The `keys` option for views is now supported (issue 35).
Version 0.4 (Jun 28, 2008)
* Updated for compatibility with CouchDB 0.8.0
* Added command-line scripts for importing/exporting databases.
* The `Database.update()` function will now actually perform the `POST`
request even when you do not iterate over the results (issue 5).
* The `_view` prefix can now be omitted when specifying view names.
Version 0.3 (Feb 6, 2008)
* The `schema.Document` class now has a `view()` method that can be used to
execute a CouchDB view and map the result rows back to objects of that
* The test suite now uses the new default port of CouchDB, 5984.
* Views now return proxy objects to which you can apply slice syntax for
"key", "startkey", and "endkey" filtering.
* Add a `query()` classmethod to the `Document` class.
Version 0.2 (Nov 21, 2007)
* Added __len__ and __iter__ to the `schema.Schema` class to iterate
over and get the number of items in a document or compound field.
* The "version" property of client.Server now returns a plain string
instead of a tuple of ints.
* The client library now identifies itself with a meaningful
* `schema.Document.store()` now returns the document object instance,
instead of just the document ID.
* The string representation of `schema.Document` objects is now more
* Only the view parameters "key", "startkey", and "endkey" are JSON
encoded, anything else is left alone.
* Slashes in document IDs are now URL-quoted until CouchDB supports
* Allow the content-type to be passed for temp views via
`client.Database.query()` so that view languages other than
* Added `client.Database.update()` method to bulk insert/update
documents in a database.
* The view-server script wrapper has been renamed to `couchpy`.
* `couchpy` now supports `--help` and `--version` options.
* Updated for compatibility with CouchDB release 0.7.0.
Version 0.1 (Sep 23, 2007)
* First public release.