» Content »pkg://Dancer-Plugin-Database-1.42_01.tar.gz:19134
/ info downloads
Revision history for Dancer-Plugin-Database
- Don't produce spurious messages about enabling UTF-8 support when
we have already done it (PR 9 from James Aitken (LoonyPandora))
- support where clauses with undef values. (Alberto Simões)
- Be fork/thread-safe - don't allow processes/threads to share handles.
Thanks to Matt S Trout for pointing this out on IRC - cheers mst.
- If we're given a pre-assembled DSN, extract the driver from it to
avoid a warning, and to allow auto UTF-8 to work.
Thanks to Matthew Vickers (mvickers) for bringing this up.
- Allow passing an empty hashref for where clause to signify that no
where clause is desired (i.e. return all rows).
Requested by Carlos Sosa (gnusosa) - thanks!
- Bugfixes in logging - avoid DBI swallowing up the param I'd wrongly
named, and avoid warnings if any params are undef.
Thanks to Martin J Evans (mje) for bringing this up on IRC - thanks
for your help Martin.
- Only log queries generated by quick_*() helpers in D::P::D::Handle if
the log_queries setting was enabled in the configuration. This avoids
the potential for the user to be unwittingly logging sensitive
information, and would provide a (tiny) performance boost too.
- Bugfix: don't needlessly use to_json() in tests, as Dancer doesn't
depend on JSON.pm, so tests will fail if it's not available.
Reported in RT #66204 by Johnathan (JAWNSY) - thanks!
- Bugfix: return undef if connection fails, rather than attempting to
re-bless and blowing up. Fixes GH-7, thanks to Nick Hibma
- New feature - automatically enable UTF-8 support if the app's charset
setting is set to 'UTF-8' and we know how to enable UTF-8 support for
the database driver in use. This can be disabled with the new
auto_utf8 setting in the plugin's config.
- Bugfix - create test DB in memory, not a file named ":memory" by
accident. This should fix test failures on Windows, e.g.:
- Fix bug RT #65825 - quick_select didn't actually use the where clause
- Extended test suite.
- New feature quick_select
- Fix bug RT #65651, quick_insert generating SQL which MySQL/Postgres
didn't accept due to use of quote() rather than quote_identifier(),
thanks to Christian Sánchez and Michael Stiller
- Fix GH #5 - named connections not working properly - thanks to
- Bumping to 1.00 to signify being ready for production use, for users
who have a mistrust of 0.x version numbers.
- Applied Alan Haggai's changes to allow a hashref of settings to be
passed to the database() keyword at runtime. Thanks Alan!
(This was released as 0.91_01 for testing first.)
- Whoah - didn't "use strict" in Dancer::Plugin::Database::Handle!
Last tweak release, then I'll push 1.00 out soon.
- New features quick_insert, quick_update, quick_delete. The database
keyword now returns a Dancer::Plugin::Database::Handle object, which
is a subclass of DBI::db so does everything you'd expect a DBI
connection handle to do, but adds extra convenience methods.
- Fixed test failures on Windows systems.
(Large version bump due to new features; assuming there are no reports of
issues with this version (there shouldn't be!), I'll release 1.0 soon,
for those who look for a >= 1.0 version number as an indication of being
- Documentation mentioned connectivity-check-threshold instead of the
correct connection_check_threshold. Thanks to bessarabov for catching
this and submitting corrections via GitHub!
0.11 2010-11-09 (CoD Black Ops day!)
- Bugfix: pass connection settings when reconnecting, too.
- Add some proper tests [Franck Cuny]
- Allow definition of multiple connections, and accept a param to the
database() keyword to specify which connection you need a handle for.
This was released as 0.08_01 for testing.
- Bugfix - make SQLite DWIMmery from previous version actually work.
- Extra params in DSN (database, host, port) should be separated with
semi-colons, not colons. Thanks to Steve Atkins for reporting this.
- Documentation update to reflect use of $dbh->ping
- If connecting to SQLite, which requires 'dbname' rather than
'database', provide 'dbname' instead, so it will Just Work
- Stupid typo fix in documentation for features added in 0.05. I wish
I'd spotted this mistake before releasing 0.05, rather than just
- Allow parameters to be passed to DBI->connect call (e.g. RaiseError),
and support providing a set of statements to execute upon connection.
Thanks to Igor Bujna for providing this feature!
- If DBD driver does not implement ping(), perform our own connection
check by performing a simple query. This will check that the DB
connection is still alive, and avoid needless re-connects, which are
expensive. Also seems to fix a problem Tadzik saw with a warning from
DBD::SQLite when the old handle was thrown away.
- Fix warning where $last_connection_check was initially undefined but
used in numeric comparison. Thanks to Tadzik for reporting.
Documentation fixes, thanks to "mrpants" on Github:
- Plugin names in config.yml are case-sensitive for current CPAN
releases of Dancer; my commit fdc3f3 makes it case-insenitive, but
that hasn't hit CPAN yet, so people using CPAN releases could be
- stray trailing single-quote in example config
Initial version developed.