» Content »pkg://Test-Reporter-1.58.tar.gz:41477
/ info downloads
Revision history for Perl extension Test::Reporter.
For the complete changelog, visit:
1.58 2011-07-19 12:07:53 America/New_York
- Deprecates email-transport related attributes and methods
- Adds new 'Null' transport as default
- Removes legacy transport classes
(See Test::Reporter::Transport::Legacy if needed)
- Removes 'cpantest' command line program
1.57 2010-03-26 00:13:18 EST5EDT
- Includes full 'perl -V' output, not just Config::mychanges
- Adds new 'X-Test-Reporter-Perl' header with Perl version
and optional "RCx" suffix to positively identify tests from
- Minimum perl version is now 5.006, matching the rest of the Perl toolchain
1.56 2010-03-14 23:26:00 EST5EDT
- Convert line endings during read() [Issue identified
by Serguei Trouchelle]
1.55 2010-03-12 11:44:05 EST5EDT
- Preserve distfile through write() and read()
[patch by Dan Collins]
- Regenerate _myconfig data during read() method
- Switched to Dist::Zilla for release management
1.54 Sun May 31 21:39:12 EDT 2009
- POD updates.
- Update Module::Install to 0.91.
1.53_03 Thu Apr 16 12:30:49 EDT 2009
- Transmit report body line-by-line with Net::SMTP (or Net::SMTP::TLS).
1.53_02 Wed Apr 15 13:30:53 EDT 2009
- With Net::SMTP transport, if lines are longer than 100 characters,
the email will be encoded with quoted-printable.
1.53_01 Tue Apr 7 11:01:37 EDT 2009
- Added optional 'distfile' argument to support
- Reports link to the wiki rather than www.cpantesters.org; also added
cpan-testers-discuss as place to send Q's.
- Improved diagnostic output if editor fails to launch.
- Changed Makefile.Pl to Module::Install.
1.5203 Tue Jan 20 15:25:07 EST 2009
- Updates CPAN Testers urls to www.cpantesters.org (David Westbrook).
1.5202 Mon Nov 3 11:48:44 EST 2008
- Fixed bug in Mail::Send transport (GoogleCode issue 19; patch by
1.5201 Tue Sep 23 11:18:34 EDT 2008
- All tests now use Test::More (not Test) for better diagnostics.
- Removed unused signature test.
1.52 Mon Sep 8 11:45:12 EDT 2008
- Fixed extraneous-newlines bug in reading reports saved to a file
1.51_02 Sun Sep 7 23:24:47 EDT 2008
- Cache mail domain; shorten mail domain timeout; add 'smtp' as a
hostname to check (KANE).
1.51_01 Sat Sep 6 14:34:13 EDT 2008
- Avoid exclusive lock on tempfile for editing report (Slaven Rezick).
1.50 Sat Sep 6 14:04:22 EDT 2008
- Deprecated sending reports to anywhere other than the cpan-testers
mailing list. This means that authors will no longer be copied on
report emails by individual testers. (CPAN Testers is switching to
an opt-in philosophy with central author notifications).
- Doc fix on usage of read() in Test::Reporter::Transport::File.
1.4002 Wed Jun 25 17:21:10 EDT 2008
- Fixed bug in error handling when using TLS transport.
1.4001 Wed May 21 12:34:28 EDT 2008
- Fixed bug where send() would crash when no explicit transport was
1.40 Sun May 18 14:54:46 EDT 2008
- No change from 1.39_06.
1.39_06 Thu Apr 17 06:15:45 EDT 2008
- Fixed bug setting transport_args in constructor.
1.39_05 Wed Apr 9 12:43:55 EDT 2008
- Removed use of File::Temp->newdir() for backwards compatibility with
older versions of File::Temp.
1.39_04 Mon Apr 7 17:25:35 EDT 2008
- Added Test::Reporter::Transport::File subclass.
1.39_03 Mon Apr 7 10:00:00 EDT 2008
- Added documentation for transport.
1.39_02 Sun Apr 6 14:40:00 EDT 2008
- Refactored transport into Test::Reporter::Transport subclasses.
1.39_01 Sun Apr 6 01:16:10 EDT 2008
- Whoops! Devel versions are supposed to be odd.
- t/2-http-transport.t left out of MANIFEST.
- Copyright notice updates.
1.38_01 Sat Apr 5 18:00:00 EDT 2008
- Add support for 'HTTP' transport to a Test::Reporter::HTTPGateway
1.38 Tue Oct 09 21:00:00 EDT 2007
- Additional compatibility improvements for VMS. Many thanks to Peter
1.36 Mon Oct 08 21:00:00 EDT 2007
- Compat for perl-5.005_05 per David Golden and Slaven Rezic.
- Per 29690@RT cleaning up cpantest's -dump output (thanks janus!).
- Per 9@Google compat fixes for VMS courtesy of Peter (Stig) Edwards.
1.34 Sun Aug 12 23:00:00 EDT 2007
- It is now possible to override the automatic selection of a transport
by making use of the transport() method (per WYANT and ANDK).
- A dozen new tests added to support transport().
- Internal debugging improvements.
- Various documentation improvements.
- Removing subversion artifacts; This project is now under git control.
1.32 Sun Jul 29 06:30:00 EDT 2007
- Fixed an issue (8@Google) whereby test reports had Date headers that
were not RFC-822 complaint (reported by Serguei Trouchelle).
1.30 Wed Jul 18 04:50:00 EDT 2007
- Public release of all activity against 1.29_0* (see below).
- Additionally, updated some documentation and added more tests.
1.29_04 Wed Jun 27 13:20:00 CDT 2007
- Added t/0-signature.t to test the SIGNATURE.
- Renamed t/reporter.t to t/1-reporter.t.
- Adjusted Makefile.PL to support dist-time signing.
1.29_03 Wed Jun 27 02:30:00 CDT 2007
- We now explicitly specify the license (same terms as perl itself) in
the Makefile.PL, which eventually makes it into the auto-generated
1.29_02 Tue Jun 26 16:00:00 CDT 2007
- Fixed a portability bug in t/reporter.t. Reported by David Golden.
See 6@Google for more information.
1.29_01 Tue Jun 26 01:30:00 CDT 2007
- Switched from RT to Google Code for defect and enhancement tracking.
Please visit: http://code.google.com/p/test-reporter/
- warnings enabled for Reporter.pm.
- TODO file removed; moved to POD.
- MacPerl (i.e., pre OS X) support dropped for Test::Reporter.
- MacPerl (i.e., pre OS X) support dropped for cpantest.
- Incorporated suggestion from MIROD; add documentation to describe
what a package should look like (14376).
- Incorporated patch from SAPER; compatibility for write() under 5.004
- Incorporated suggestion from CLACO; updated MX for perl.org (11370).
- Incorporated suggestion from an anonymous individual: when an MX
connection failure occurs, show the failing MX server, if debugging
is on (14626).
- Changes indentation style of code from tabs to spaces.
- Added Id and HeadURL subversion tokens.
- Removed dependencies on Date::Format and Time::Zone.
- Unbundled Mail::Util; Now integrated into Reporter.pm.
- Incorporated patch from MIROD; support for reporting tests on
non-standard versions of perl (14375).
- Added more tests to the T::R test suite (more than doubled quantity).
- We now refuse to report results against perl itself; use perlbug.
- Added Message-IDs to emails sent via SMTP per tom at eborcom dot com.
1.27 Mon Jan 17 15:51:00 EDT 2005
- Don't try to use Mail::Send on Windows.
1.26 Thu Dec 30 19:03:00 EDT 2004
- Add support for a user-specified suffix in edit_comments().
- Add a suffix of '.txt' to the tempfile when editing comments.
- Update changes.
1.25 Thu Dec 30 19:02:00 EDT 2004
- Reintegrate Reporter.pod into Reporter.pm.
1.24 Thu Dec 30 19:02:00 EDT 2004
- Correct MAN3EXT in Makefile.PL for Reporter.pod.
1.23 Sun Dec 26 10:17:00 EDT 2004
- Add cpantest -from and -dump.
- Update T:R->write() to accept a second argument, filehandle object.
- ucfirst'd globals that were lowercase.
- Fix pod man3 extension.
- Make tests autodetect release version.
1.22 Sun Dec 26 09:23:00 EDT 2004
- Restructured mx, recipient filter logic.
- Remove commented $VERSION to fix mlc 0.06 (cpanplus <= 0.050_04).
1.21 Sun Dec 26 07:57:00 EDT 2004
- Fixed local hostname logic to skip /\.local$/ domains under OS X.
1.20 Wed Mar 5 04:03:07 EDT 2003
- Fixed a minor bug with read().
1.19 Wed Mar 5 03:03:07 EDT 2003
- Added dir() -- specifies default directory to write report files to.
- Added write() -- writes a test report to disk.
- Added read() -- reads a test report from disk.
- These three methods are used in situations where you test on a
machine that has port 25 blocked and there is no local MTA. You use
write() on the machine that you are testing from, and use read() on
the machine that you want to actually submit the reports from.
1.16 Tue Feb 25 04:00:00 EDT 2003
- Abstract now matches PAUSE meta-data for this distribution.
- Better POD documentation.
- Header pass-through for X-Reported-Via, via via(). This is useful for
third-party distributions, like CPANPLUS, that use Test::Reporter.
- Added 'debug' get/set method -- this is extremely verbose and
primarily of use for debugging Test::Reporter itself.
- Added 'address' get/set method -- specifies the e-mail address that
the reports should be sent to -- you shouldn't need this unless the
CPAN Tester's change the e-mail address to send report's to.
- Added 'from' get/set method -- specifies the e-mail address of the
individual doing the reporting -- you generally shouldn't need this
as Test::Reporter tries very hard to guess your e-mail address
- Added 'mx' get/set method -- specifies the MX's for perl.org -- you
really shouldn't need to use this unless the hardcoded MX's have
become wrong and you don't have Net::DNS installed.
- The constructor now takes named parameters.
- We now use Net::DNS to get MX's if Net::DNS is available.
- We now use Net::Domain to better auto-guess the reporter's email
- We now use Mail::Send to send reports, if it's available.
- Now cycles through all available MX servers, when using Net::SMTP.
- Added bin/cpantest.
- T::R now allows testers to edit the report interactively via the
- T::R report's have been made less susceptible to being marked as spam.
- "can't call method "mail" on an undefined value" bug fixed.
- Doubled the number of tests.
- Memoized certain methods.
- Bundling Date::Format and Time::Zone to assist in SMTP sends (for
- Bundling an updated Mail::Util.
1.13 Sun Aug 12 03:20:08 EDT 2002
- Initial beta release.