» Content »pkg://acpid_2.0.17.orig.tar.gz:201925
/ info downloads
* systemd support
- Support receiving unix sockets from systemd.
- Make daemonize() do what's right for systemd.
- Can we auto-detect systemd? Maybe the presence of the environment vars
for the unix sockets?
- Maintain compatibility with upstart, etc...
* Look into using libnl for netlink
- Can this be done? Is it a good idea?
* DBUS support
- Do we really need DBUS support? Probably not.
- Tim says this would be easy to implement. He mentioned "mced" which
is similar to acpid and handles DBUS.
- Everyone seems to agree that the whole point of acpid is
to avoid the big desktop stuff, and therefore, this is probably
not a good idea.
- However, there are still pieces of those big desktop environments that
connect to acpid via sockets. DBUS should be a nicer interface.
- Implement with a build-time option to turn it on/off? This way users
can reduce the dependencies if they want. Or can we detect the presence
of DBUS at runtime?
* Allow socket-connected clients to filter incoming events
- This might be useful on older laptops that used to generate a slew
of events. I think that on modern hardware, this is not needed.
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com