» Content »pkg://pyxmpp-1.1.0.tar.gz:1075272
/ info downloads
PyXMPP -- Python Jabber/XMPP implementation
PyXMPP is a Python XMPP (RFC 3920,3921) and Jabber
(http://www.jabber.org/protocol/) implementation. It is based on libxml2 --
fast and fully-featured XML parser.
PyXMPP provides most core features of the XMPP protocol and several JSF-defined
extensions. PyXMPP provides building blocks for creating Jabber clients and
components. Developer uses them to setup XMPP streams, handle incoming events
and create outgoing stanzas (XMPP "packets").
- nearly complete XMPP Core (RFC 3920) protocol for client connections
(includes SASL, TLS and Strinprep).
- mostly complete XMPP IM (RFC 3921) protocol (lacks privacy lists)
- XMPP error objects including translations to and from legacy codes for
backward compatibility (`JEP-0086
- legacy authentication ("digest" and "plain") (`JEP-0078
- component protocol (`JEP-0114 <http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0114.html>`__).
- Service Discovery (`JEP-0030 <http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0091.html>`__).
- vCards -- both Jabber "vcard-temp" and RFC 2426
- basic parts of the Multi-User Chat protocol (`JEP-0045
- delayed delivery timestamps (`JEP-0091 <http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0091.html>`__).
- Data Forms (`JEP-0004 <http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0004.html>`__).
- In-Band Registration (`JEP-0077 <http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0077.html>`__).
For PyXMPP you will need:
- `Python <http://www.python.org/>`__. Python 2.6 required.
- `libxml2 <http://xmlsoft.org/>`__. Recent release (>=2.6.11) with python
bindings is required. Additionally, all development files for libxml2 (usually in
separate libxml2-devel package) are recommended for compilation of PyXMPP for best performance.
PyXMPP 1.0 was tested with libxml2-2.7.6.
- `dnspython <http://www.dnspython.org/>`__.
PyXMPP 1.0 was tested with version 1.6.0.
To make sure you have all the requirements listed above or to prepare limited
(without the binary extension) build of PyXMPP you may want to run::
You may manually pick the limited or full build of PyXMPP by editing the build.cfg file.
To build the package just invoke::
python setup.py build
To install it::
python setup.py install
If you had some older version of PyXMPP it is better to uninstall it (delete
pyxmpp subdirectory os your site-packages directory) before installing this one
or things may not work correctly.
You may also try::
PyXMPP was written and is maintained by Jacek Konieczny <email@example.com>.
To report bugs or request features use `the Trac <http://pyxmpp.jajcus.net/trac/>`__.
For discussion you may join `the PyXMPP mailing list
Latest releases of PyXMPP may be downloaded from `the files downloads directory
<http://pyxmpp.jajcus.net/downloads/>`__. There are also
some `SVN snapshots <http://pyxmpp.jajcus.net/downloads/snapshots/>`__ available.
You can also checkout latest sources directly from the SVN repository::
svn checkout http://pyxmpp.jajcus.net/svn/pyxmpp/trunk pyxmpp
PyXMPP is free software, licenced under the GNU LGPL. See the
COPYING file for details.
.. $Id: README 701 2010-04-03 15:43:50Z jajcus $
Results 1 - 1 of 1Search over 15 billion files
© 1997-2017 FileWatcher.com